Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Day is Magical

Today is New Year's Day.  Magic Man and I are headed into the Big City, joining his magical colleagues for a traditional celebration: food, friends, and fun.  Mrs. K is making ham, cole slaw, and black-eyed peas.  Yummy!

Against better judgment, I'm bringing deviled eggs.  I can't visit without taking a dish with me.  I wasn't raised to do otherwise.

Magic Man likes his eggs very dilly and mustardy.  I doubt those two adjectives are real words, but you get the idea.  I like my HOT!  Others don't like them so hot.  I made three recipes.

Mustardy-Dilly Ingredients

Dilly Devils

Original DE Ingredients

And the Deviled Egg

With the Addition of Sliced and Diced Jalapenos

The Hot Devils

All of the Above - Now I'm hungry
We arrived at the K's home, just in time.  The Deviled Eggs served before our late arrival had just disappeared.  Typical for a group of magicians.
Sorry this and the other postings are late and clumped together.  While dining with our friends on New Years, I received a call that a childhood friend of mine died in an auto crash.  HS was my mom's next door neighbor in the Barren Thicket; I knew him 45 years.

Trying to come to grips with the news, I took a few days away from posting stories.  Sadly, I'm still reeling from the news of another friend, who six weeks earlier, died in a similar way and my stolen car over NY's weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment